OMG PowerGrip Products are the latest product line added to our portfolio. The OMG PowerGrip is a commercial roof mount system designed to secure ballasted solar racks and other equipment to buildings with any type of commercial roofing system.
The PowerGrips are available in three different styles:
- PowerGrip Plus – designed for stronger wind uplift and structural support
- PowerGrip Universal – the most versatile PowerGrip that can be used with most commercial roof types
Eliminate Solar Rack Ballast and Reduce Rooftop Material Handling with PowerGrip
The newest and most adaptable in the line is the PowerGrip Universal. PowerGrip Universal provides a secure connection directly to the roof deck or structural members and is designed to reduce or eliminate ballast in solar racking systems, so there’s less weight on the roof and less material handling. Made of heavy-duty cast aluminum, PowerGrip Universal units include a base ring which is secured through the roofing cover and into the structural roof deck, and a waterproof top plate.
PowerGrip Universal Features & Benefits
- Properly installed PowerGrip Universal units provide a secure anchor to the roof deck and remain watertight.
- Compatible with every type of commercial roofing, and can be used on mechanically attached, fully adhered and ballasted roof systems.
- Helps protect roof covers from damage due to ballasted rack movement.
- 1-in. tall x 3/8-in. diameter stainless steel bolt and mounting stand provides flexible attachment options.
- Each unit can accommodate up to 2,000 lbs. of downward load.
- Can also be used for a wide variety of other roof-top applications.
PowerGrip products are designed as an alternative roof mount system for commercial solar racking systems. As such, they may eliminate some or all of the ballast that would otherwise be used. Always check with the roof system manufacturer for installation criteria and written acceptance of the intended application prior to installation. Failure to do so could void the roof warranty. For structural applications, always consult a structural engineer for installation criteria prior to application.
In addition to solar racking systems, PowerGrips can also be used for many other roof-mounted applications, including pipe supports and hangers, step crossovers, electrical conduit, raceways, satellite dishes, small antennas and HVAC applications, among others.
Only technicians trained in single-ply commercial roof installation should install this product.